Version 2: 28th May 2023
We have developed SUMS software with strong privacy and security principles to ensure that your educational institute information that is uploaded, shared and stored in the service is secure. As we are committed to protecting your data privacy, we have used principles such as end-to-end encryption to the data that you upload to or pass through the service. This means we and third parties cannot read them.
Your use of our services may involve the collection and use of your Information (as defined hereunder) by us. It is important for you to understand how this happens, and how you may control it, so please read this Policy carefully.
- This Policy applies across all of our services as defined in the SUMS Terms of Service.
- Please also note that this Policy does not apply to Information collected: (i) through third-party services (including any third-party websites) that You may access through our services; or (ii) by other companies and organisations who may advertise their services through our services.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
A SUMS for Education is created and managed by a school for the use of School Admins, Educators, and Students. The account information that we collect and store in your account is treated as personal information. Admins manage how educators and students use the services that they choose to enable for these types of people.
As Schools Admins, Educators, and Students, we collect two types of data:
- Things that you provide or create through core services (customer data)
- Information we collect as you use the service (service data)
There are no ads shown in SUMS. Also, none of the personal information collected in the core services is used for advertising purposes.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE AS YOU CREATE THROUGH THE SERVICES:
When a SUMS account is created, the school provides SUMS with certain personal information about its educators and students that includes the user’s name, and password. Schools can also choose to share things like a user’s email address, phone number, and address. And users can also add information to their account, such as a profile photo.
Things that you might create and store through the services such as reading materials, academic achievements or videos for special moments.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AS YOU USE CORE SERVICES:
We also collect service data through the services used including:
- Your account information, which includes names and email addresses
- Your location information, which is includes GPS and IP addresses. This is specially collected when using the Bus tracking service.
- For admins, we collect data about payments and transactions.
- Information relating to hardware and software of your device, this includes but is not limited to device settings, time zone, network service provider information and IP address, such as Device PIN, IMEI, IMSI, UDID, MAC address.
WHY WE COLLECT THE DATA:
The data we collect is used across our service to deliver, maintain and improve our service to you; develop new services, and provide personalised experience. Some of the information that is collected is also used to measure performance and communicate with you.
We employ appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of your personal information. However, please be aware that no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee absolute security.
We do not share your personal information with companies, organisations and individuals.
Your School Admin is entirely responsible for the data that is uploaded and managed through the service, and access to that information may be:
- View account information
- Change account passwords
- Suspend or terminate account access
- Suspend or terminate account access
- Restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
For legal reasons, we may share your personal information if we have good-faith believe that access, use, preservation or disclosure of information is reasonably necessary for legal reasons, including complying with governmental requests, and protecting you and SUMS.
Any billing information that may be collected by us from You will be deleted thirty (30) days after Your account with us has been terminated or deleted.
DELETION / DEACTIVATION OF ACCOUNTS:
We reserve the right to delete or deactivate School admin accounts if we believe that it was created on unreasonable grounds and flouts policy of acceptable and fair use.
As for Educators and Students, the School admin has the right to delete or deactivate the account via the SUMS portal from the website.